Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: New DSII weapon system

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 17:01:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: New DSII weapon system

You wrote:

>It depends.  In a game with an Ogre background, hell yes.  There's
>enough Nukes flying around to make shielding mandatory.  Under normal
>circumstances, I think that the d4 will do just fine.	In my
background, >Nukes are a definate No-No (not enough habitable planets
to allow >indiscrimate use of such things), so I am not concerned.

In the modern world Nerve Gas is a definate no-no, but modern tanks are
still (and will be for the forseeable future) equipped with
overpressure systems.  Once you get EMP projectors to the point where
they do more damage than you would achieve by dropping the generator on
someone (the current state of the art--loading the generator necessary
onto a catapult and hurling it at the enemy has more effect than firing
the weapon) you will get hardening.  A certain amount of hardening is
possible and is done in installations intended to survive nuclear
attack.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature