Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: New DSII weapon system

Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 16:56:21 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

You wrote:

>Niall,
>     As a point of interest,  I have been informed that 'Afrikans'
>is a full fledged language derived from Dutch.

It's spelt Afrikaans, and starts as a degenerate form of Dutch, with a
French influence, a heavy English influence, and loan-words from a
half-dozen native African languages.  It is the native tongue of the
Afrikaaners, aka the Boers, aka those White guys that usta to run South
Africa.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: New DSII weapon system