Prev: Re: DS2 Elegance Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: Wayne <w.pollerd@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 10:05:39
Subject: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

At 11:25 PM 6/08/98 +1000, Owen, G wrote:

>Ah Ha!
>
>Of course you are playing against Brendan's rather unusually balanced
>game forces. So he has three levels of command on a table in every
>game?? (Shrugs shoulders in exasperation). IMHO it is verging on
'silly'
>to play most games where there is a Company Commander, one Platoon
>Commander and the squads on one 6x4 table (I'm assuming this is the
>situation unless you play most of your games on 3 or 4 tables together
>all the time?).

Brendan is using your Light Horse Regimental Command structure (If I
remember correctly you wrote it) with some added PA under the Tactical
command squad.	We play on a 5x5 table using the objective markers from
DSII deployed as in those rules.  The game can be called under the
conditions specified in DSII.  We're doing a senerio game this weekend
see how his PA preforms when there is one large objective to complete
instead of needing to capture a number of points scattered around the
table.	I'm predicting it will be a bloody affair for my troopies.

>Have you tried any games with variations like all troops starting
>Mission Motivation LOW and Confidence Level Shaken??

We are currently using the point system for the Western Suburbs upcoming
tournement (the one in September) and using the method outlined within
those points system for determining the confidence levels and leadership
of
the troops.

>Anyway, back to the Close Assaults, I think if you start questioning
the
>validity of his force structure you may find that the games will
balance
>a LOT more evenly.

I'm holding my own in the games we have had so far, provided his PA
doesn't
get to close assault me.  If they do the game ends rather rapidly (they
are
outfitted with close assault weapons and some flamers to cause terror.
as
well as guns).

Last game we played I used my SAS squad (light auto pistols, a flamer,
D4
armour which allows them to move as lightly equipped troops) to outflank
him and threaten to close assault his HQ units and also managed to pin
his
PA down with a full OU platoon with a Platoon HQ near by to give them
extra
actions.  I won this time.

SeeYa
Wayne.

Prev: Re: DS2 Elegance Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules