Prev: Re: Fleet Book Tugs Next: Re: Multi-Grade FTL (Was Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive))

Re: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:17:02 -0900
Subject: Re: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

>You wrote:
>
>>After having a full 9 man OU squad be defeated in a close assault by
>>the >remains of a power armour squad (1 man), I was surprised to find
>>that there >was nothing in the Stargrunt II rules that covers a
>>numerically inferior >squad declaring and initiating a close assault
on
>>a numerically superior >squad.
>
>>As the rules stand now, a single solider doesn't seem to care if he is
>>ordered to assault a single man or a full 10 squad and will cheerfully
>>(ie. >he has a confidence level of CONFIDENT) attempted the assault
>>with a +0 >modifier on his REACTION TEST no matter what the odds.
>
>As you note above, if he's in power armor, he's got a LOT to be
>confident about.  Ate 9 men for breakfast?  One wonders what he'll do
>with all those prisioners.  My inclination would be duct tape, but then
>again as an Engineer I'm likely to have that on or near my person.
>
>John

In addition, PA troops are much more likely to be veteran (in terms of
experience, not just their chit value) and from what I have seen, as
grunts
survive and get older (to a point) their sense of invulnerability
skyrockets, especially when their boom-boom toys are so much better than
their opponents, and make such cool noises... ;>

Jared

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Tugs Next: Re: Multi-Grade FTL (Was Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive))