Prev: Re: FT Campaign Aid Next: RE: Simple is good

RE: Simple is good

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:01:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Simple is good

You wrote:

>Heh! I'm sure we're all in agreeance that rules should be the
>province of lawyers, and gaming the province of gamers. I'd guess
>that we'd mostly all 'rule as needed' where the rules don't fit. Most
>of us might try to get what we think of as the right flavour. I like

>and painful arguments between those so inclined (I'd rather just
>clear the room with a cannister of CS myself). The only difference

I simply play with adults who can have a reasoned discussion for a few
minutes, then agree on which modification or houserule most closely
resembles what we'd expect from our experiences and reading.  Then we
get on with the game.  I refuse to game with disagreeable people.  My
feeling is that I deal with assholes at work, why should I do so in my
free time?  That's why I no longer play WWII games.  If it's not fun
for all involved, screw it.  And arguing over rules vis playing the
game isn't fun for me.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: FT Campaign Aid Next: RE: Simple is good