Prev: Re: Email Problems Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid

Re: FT Campaign Aid

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:56:55 +0100
Subject: Re: FT Campaign Aid

At 06:47 04/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> It seems that given that there's no official campaign system for FT,
>> opinions are probably divided about what such a thing should contain,
>> however...
>(snip)
>> The question remains, though, about what this proposed aid should
really
>DO.
>
>Campaign info is, IMH(and not yet fully thought out)O, five levels:
>I. Ship records including location, damage and orders
>II.  Production and supply
>III.  Planetary ownership and forcing change thereof
>IV.  Political, diplomatic and intelligence concerns
>V. Information flow, including details of courier boats and travel
times,
>so that your admiral 40 parsecs away won't know about the results of
the
>battle until someone makes it back to tell him.

If you have a copy of them the Starfire Campaign rules might be useful
for
coming up with a play aid.  We did use a spreadsheet for our Starfire
campaign a couple of years ago, mainly it focussed on orders, ship
design,
ship maintainance costs, message delays, fleet locations, construction
queues, technology and research costs.

I can't remember exactly but there may be some software out there for
Starfire which was useful for running a camapign.  It may give you some
idea as to what is required.

Perhaps Oerjan or anyone else from the Starfire list would have a better
idea?
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.
The miscellany (Sci-Fi combat games)
http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

Prev: Re: Email Problems Next: Re: FT Campaign Aid