Prev: Re: Fleet Book Availability? Next: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

Re: Fleet Book Availability?

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:23:09 +0000
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

> Date: 	 Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:55:51 -0500
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> From: 	 jfoster@kansas.net (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Re: Fleet Book Availability?

Most stores just will not contact a manufacturer direct to buy stock.
The distributors have done a good job over the years of making stores
their customers, but the last couple years their service levels have
really begun to deteriorate.  Believe me, we make EVERY effort to
inform the buyers and stores of the products.  But the supply system
in this hobby no longer functions efficiently (if in fact it ever
did).  If you want a game or mini badly enough INSIST that the store
call the manufacturer direct, and have the number handy when you do.
Tell him you'll wait while he makes the call and see what he says.
Many stores call when challenged in this way, and are pleased to find
out that the manufacturer is someone they can deal with, or who can
put them on to a distributor who actually has the product.

KR, Geo-Hex

------
> Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42