Prev: Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Next: RE: a BIGGER ship!

Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

From: "Jonathan White" <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:54:15 +0100
Subject: Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

On 29 Jul 98, at 23:55, Jim 'Jiji' Foster wrote:

> At 17:07 7/29/98, Jared E Noble wrote:
> >Sounds like it shares a lot of ideas with Fraggle Rock (by Jim
Henson)
> >Maybe an inspiration to Mr. Henson?	(how old is this thing we're
talking
> >about?)
I was watching it on the BBC when I was 5, which makes it early 70's.

> "Remember! Remember! Remember you're a Womble!"
For those outside the UK, the Wombles enjoyed an actually pretty lengthy
pop career in
the UK. It was four blokes inside Womble suits playing the instruments.
Just shows you
can sell some people /anything/. That was one of the songs they sang.

> So when is GZG going to release some Not Womble 25mm? (Hey, Sa'avasku
> bio-construct ground troops! Yeah, that's the ticket....)
Personally, I see them more as engineers/medics than your typical grunt.
Madame
Chole' (GOD knows how you spell that) is DEFINITELY a non-combatant.
Even with that
wooden spoon of hers.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Next: RE: a BIGGER ship!