Prev: Re: Fleet Book Availability? Next: Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

From: "Jonathan White" <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:46:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [Very OT] Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

On 30 Jul 98, at 10:44, Kelvin Henderson wrote:
Why am I getting involved in this :)

> >Or Australia for that matter :)
> >The guy who wrote it was actually a girl - Elisabeth Beresford.
I think she might be flattered to be described as a 'girl'. She's not a
spring chec

> >And as for the song...
> <Snip a song that shaped my childhood>
It was the best selling single in the UK at one point. mad.

> >Yes it is probably very sad that I can remember this.
> >Beth
> Hey Beth, there's nothing sad about that at all!  I loved the Wombles
(and
> still do).  They were a great show for kids and its a darned shame
that
> its not on TV anymore.
Um, up until recently it was back on - sort of a 'Wombles : The Next
Generation' but with
a few of the old ones too. They've broken the scheme of them all being
named after
Islands for the new ones though. Bummer. Didn't seem the same somehow.

				TTFN
					Jon

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Availability? Next: Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!