Prev: Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Next: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

Re: Fleet Book Availability?

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:10:50 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Availability?

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Brian Bell wrote:

> > OK, I was patient, and I finally got to one of the game stores in
> > Minneapolis, and I had to have the people there order me a copy.
> >
> > Yesterday, they called me back and said that their distributor told
them it
> > was not yet released?  Huh?
> >

> If the distributer is either Chessex or Armory for the store, I have
> heard a similar response. Chessex and Armory are merging and are QUITE
> behind with thier suppliers (on several levels). I am saving up enough
> to order direct from Geo-Hex.
>
> Brian Bell

I called Geo-Hex directly and got the Fleet book directly.  Shipping was
very reasonable. (Just a little over the stamp cost to Priority 2-3 day
mail
it.)  Next time I'll ask for a box to be used.	(Can you say FOLDED in
my
mail box?)

>From now on I'm just going to deal with Geo-Hex directly where ever I
can.
The distributors told the store where I shop that the book did not
exist.
Period.  I'll bet they still do to this day.  When I talked to the
gentleman
at Geo-Hex when I ordered, I asked about the deal with the distribtors.
Now THAT'S a horror story.

I love the fleet book.	It proved to me that Full Thrust is going in the
direction I'm interested in.  Score another loyal follower!

Mike Stanczyk

Prev: Re: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we! Next: Re: Fleet Book Availability?