Prev: RE: Canadian Convention Next: Re: Miniture Basing

Re: AAR Battle of Kessel

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:31:09 -0700
Subject: Re: AAR Battle of Kessel

John Atkinson wrote:

> Did you let the Railguns buy more than one arc?  And did you make them
>
> weigh 1/2/4 as beam batteries?

No. All railguns fire one arc. Each kra'vak ship had 4 RGs firing
forward arc and one RG firing out of each side arc, plus a number of
scattergun submunitions (all arc). The RGs were weighted, had range to
hit modifiers and damage as per FT2. When I was making up the SSDs for
the KV ships I was at work without the rulebook (shh don't tell anyone),
so I just genned up two classes, the Hunters and one dreadnought (more
powerful RGs and fighter tubes). It may not have been right but we found
our two balltes fairly well balanced. In our last fight, it could very
well have gone to teh KV given the amount of damage my ships have taken
save for some good and bie DRs and a few heroic Damage control parties,
so we both felt very good about the fightes we had bput up and the
forces at our disposal.

Los

Prev: RE: Canadian Convention Next: Re: Miniture Basing