Prev: Re: Canadian Convention Next: Re: AAR Battle of Kessel

RE: Canadian Convention

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Canadian Convention

	Howdy!

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Gary Kett wrote:

> >The only one I can think of is Pandemonia but I believe that runs in
the
> >winter.

	Pandemonium runs the full gamut of GZG events, but that is in
January.  There will be a big SGII-fest at Sci-Fi World in
Toronto/Thornhill sometime in August/September.

> I don't know of any in Toronto, but there is a gaming convention in
Hamilton
> on the weekend of the 21st to 23rd of August. It's called MIGSCON. As
for
> GZG games, there will be three Full Thrust games, and one WWII period
game
> utilizing Star Grunt rules. Although there are only a few GZG games
and none
> of Dirt Side, there are lots of other games going on. Many historical,
but
> also a number of other sciFi types.

	Some Heavy Gear and Gear Krieg is run at MIGS, but there is also
to or three FT games every year.  Rich usually runs his Star Trek/Full
Thrust game at every con.

	The SGII/WWII game is GREAT.  It is a damn-near Company level
game
involving the Germans and US in the Ardennes.  It may be different this
year, but the guy puts on great (and LARGE) 20mm games.

	Ken

Prev: Re: Canadian Convention Next: Re: AAR Battle of Kessel