Prev: Re: No Good Guys? Next: Re: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....))

Re: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?)

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:06:34 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?)

Well, it might be because games like FT, SGII and DSII are aimed at more
mature gamers, and not 12-year olds with rich parents, as WH40k seems to
be doing more and more :) (which reminds me that WH40k is emphasizing
the good space marines versus evil orks and chaos more and more)
Some of the other games you mentioned are meant to have a dark, gothic
atomsphere (i.e. warzone and the old WH40k), so "no-good-guys" is a good
way of achieving that.
The GZG games are essentially Sci-fi with modern-style politics, so
there
should be no clear "heroes" versus "villains" either.
What do you mean by "cynical" and "pessimistic" though, it's simply
being
realistic, as there never was a case of good guys versus bad guys in
history, besides kindergarten stories and propaganda.  Thing always tend
to be more complicated than that.

-
							=     =
Due to a mix-up in urology,				|^^^^^|
orange juice will not be served this morning... 	|^^^^^|
							|_____|
-