Prev: RE: FT Fiction Next: Re: Gravity, Tech & others (was Re: Orbits, etc)

Re: FT Fiction

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:17:34 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Fiction

I was using FT2 rules and designs (just got the fleet book
yesterday--horaay).
I guess the MUs scale is sort of vague but the best scale I heard is
around
1"=1000 kiometers and each turn is fifteen minutes. I fall in the space
combat
happens at astronomical distances (pun intended) as opposed to at point
blank
<I come from the starfire camp though that's extreme in the opposite
direction>, though in the real battle no enemy ships got withing 1000m
(1" of
each other ) probably teh closest when they went into that skid te hell
out of
the way amnuever was 4".

Los