Prev: RE: Star Wars Figures Next: GZG Online Catalogue

RE: Star Wars Figures

From: "John Jeffery Shoemark" <shoemark@a...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 20:59:13 +1000
Subject: RE: Star Wars Figures

>      Just FYI: West End Games has gone belly-up, and has ceased to
> exist.  Apparently, this was partially the result of the recent US
> distributor problems, and largely because WEG was dragged under by
> another company owned by the president of WEG.  What this means, of
> course, is that the 25mm Star Wars miniatures (already hard to find)
> will soon be gone entirely.  Stock up now!
>
> Tom Sullivan
> "I have a bad feeling about this...."

The 25mm Star Wars figures have actually been cancelled for several
months
now. They were planning to redo them in a 30mm type size. Apparently
this
was because the true 25mm size was considered to be "old fashioned". I
know
they stopped distribution of these figures outside the US about a year
ago
because they had lost the foreign rights for them.
I am unaware of WEGs demise but I know product has slowed down a lot in
the
last four months. (Until three weeks ago I was President of their
largest
distributor in Australia) So, if you want to use Star Wars figures for
Stargrunt grab them quickly, particularly the Stormtroopers. They have
always been the hardest to get a reliable supply of.

John S

Prev: RE: Star Wars Figures Next: GZG Online Catalogue