Prev: UNSC forces Next: RE: Gravity, Tech & others (was Re: Orbits, etc)

Re: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 21:50:05 -0700
Subject: Re: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

> Anyway, I believe that the best route is to retain the units in both
sides armies
> intact in the short term, I don't know how long but years. (the whole
idea of a
> conglomerated NAC is a little hockey to begin with but since we're
going with
> it,) I would keep historical designations from both forces since we
damn sure
> aren't gonna start calling ourselves the Queen's anything.

And don't forget there are some large colonies that would be fielding
thier own units. I could forsee a strong anti-Earth bias on many of the
major colony worlds. "What does Earth bring to the NAC? A partial
continent and an island. We represent a whole frigg'n WORLD!"

MANY of the discussions on this list show an obvious (and
understandable) Earth bias. Remember that the AC government moved to
Albion in 2135. And in 2136 renames itself and declairs colonies as
independant members. (Is the US, Canada, England, Scotland, Wales, ...
all independant members or only planets considered independant members?)

--

Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Sci-Fi Games Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb

Prev: UNSC forces Next: RE: Gravity, Tech & others (was Re: Orbits, etc)