Prev: RE: KV in the New System Next: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.

Re: KV in the New System

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 16:17:13 -0600
Subject: Re: KV in the New System

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 16:55:47 -0500, Noah Doyle writes:
>Auto hit at 6" or less?  Yikes, that's really scary!  I don't think I
would
>include that.	I always felt that the 30" range was pretty good,

Yea, I was torn about that.  But since PT's got some extra range I
felt bad about not giving RG's a boost.

>there will be some acceleration limits due to materials.  I think your
>masses for the railguns is a bit high - I think that they were supposed
>be more effective than beams, for the mass.  But yes, screens do zilch
>against railguns, and armor helps, but that double damage with reroll
is a
>real killer...heh heh.

I want railgun technology that I can take up against beams without
having to work out a handycap like the current 3 for 2 point rule
against the Kre'vac.  I mostly just want the alternate weapon system
with a different feel when designing different fleet from the same
universe.  You know, give one heavy beams, another SML's, another
PT's, andother railguns, etc.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: RE: KV in the New System Next: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.