Prev: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.

Re: TNE Aslan Minis

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 00:52:35 EDT
Subject: Re: TNE Aslan Minis

In a message dated 98-07-05 00:39:44 EDT, Joe B. writes:

<< Will there be a miniatures line for Traveller, 4th edition?	If so,
will
 they be 25 mm (like the latest ones) or 15 mm (like the Martian
Metals)?

Gah.  Who knows.  If they follow the trend they've set, it'll be in 8.5
mm or
something- not quite right to fit in with anything else.  As you can
see, I'm
not happy about the direction that Far Future Enterprises & others took
with
Traveller, mechanics- or story-wise.  Anyway, regardless of scale, the
minis
would be missing guns, or limbs, or something (like rulebooks missing
essential tables, important formulae and explanations, etc).  Jon (GZG),
why
not pre-empt these folks and put out a series of Dog & Cat aliens?  I
bet true
25mm Vargr in the SG style would look good.  Maybe you could also be the
first
people to do Hivers correctly.	But seriously, GZG, the old designs of
Traveller vehicles would translate well into 6mm DS2 stuff - lots of
illos
from the Regency Combat Vehicle Guide to work with.  They'd make GREAT
UN
Ground Forces stuff...I'll send you some, if interested...

Noah

Prev: Re: (Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.