Prev: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 18:40:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea)

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:26:57 EDT <Sabmason@aol.com> writes:
>In a message dated 98-07-03 21:51:38 EDT, Carl P writes:
>
><< Let's see. We're talking 15+2+25=42 years for the differences to be
>past.
> Ha! Looking at how many people are fighting a war that ended 133
>years
> ago, I don't think you're giving enough, er, uhm, credit to the
>tenacity
> of some of the folks in this country. >>
>
>     Actually, I was meaning that the 22 years of war (Pacification 7,
>War of
>the Americas 15) would scour away resentment between the UK/Canadians
>and the
>US units that remained loyal to the JCS - they wanted them there.  And
>they
>had to learn to live & fight with them, or it wouldn't have worked.  I
>think
>that many NAC units as of 2183 would have histories that go way back,
>before
>Amalgamation, and traditional rivalries would of course still exist,
>but the
>major problems would have been ironed out by now.  They would think of
>themselves as a coherent unit, as opposed to two units working
>together.
>     Anybody who wanted to leave probably went with the Free Cal-Tex
>Secession.  As bloody as the GZG future history is, the Secession was
>pretty
>peaceful.
Oh, okay. I was thinking about the populace in the USofA. Especially
those on the losing side of the second civil war.

>>Sorry, I hope I don't sound too cranky, but I've seen some of these
>folks
>>in action.
>     Ghurkas, or USA Southrons? :)
The USA Southrons. Don't really think I'd like to see the Ghurkas in
action, considering the situation I'd have to be in for that to happen.

>>It is different, but I'm personally rooting for Australia to lead us
>>the stars.
>
>     Well, I would have expected a total assimilation of
>English-speaking
>peoples under one flag, the way things were going in the GZG universe,
>but the
>OU seems to do quite well.  Anyway, the NAC probably has its hands
>full with
>South America.  *That* is a cultural conflict if I ever saw one.  My
>prediction:  The NAC gets sick of the business and retreats to the
>Panamanian
>Isthmus.  With the FCT Secession going well anly 24 years ago, the
>South
>American nations would probably have a good case to argue to the NAC.
>And
>depending on what the FSE is doing, I could see the FSE supporting
>such a
>bid...
Well, I can see them supporting the other side from the NAC, just for
spite. :-)

Not that I'm down on the FSE. I'm building an FSE fleet myself. I'm just
leaning more towards the Italian segment of the union.

>Noah V. Doyle

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems