Prev: Re:(Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea)

Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 15:12:41 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes.

Three issues all related to my being bored at the Game Parlor and
clearing out some oddball minis.

Dog Teams--scout, not anti-tank.  Someone was working on rules for
these.	I know they're not done yet or I'd ha' seen 'em on the list,
but how are they employed?  One dog and one handler?  Pairs of handlers
and dogs?  I bought some dog minis and some SG mercenaries--a fellow
with boonie cap, and his rifle on a patrol sling is going to be my dog
handler.

As far as dog minis--Best one came out of a Mithral blister labelled
M348 Farmer Maggot & his Dogs.	One dog sort of in a warning position,
one uselessly playful, and a hobbit.  True 25s, so they look natural
next to a Stargrunt mini.  Also got some Ral Partha Blink Dogs, which
are nice Shepherd types, but bigger.  More lead in them than in the
handler.  Might do for a bio-engineered type.  Also picked up a pair of
Call of Cthulu Hounds of Tindalos which are much bigger and suitably
nasty looking for an alien-type critter.  :)  Also have some RP 'war
dogs' which is some sort of wolf-hound thing that's a bit big too, but
usable.  As far as Wolves, Alternative Army's wolves are too chunky and
expensive, Ral Partha's are better and cheaper.

Cats--Picked up pack of TNE Aslan Mercenaries.	Anyone know of a
company that makes bipedal felines with SF-type equipment, so I can
fill out a platoon or so's worth?

Grav Bikes--picked up a TNE Grav Bike, and it's really nice.  But out
of print, no?  Now, I know Eureka minis makes some OUDF Light Horse
grav bikes.  Are these available in US?  And if not is it possible to
import them without going broke paying shipping charges?  And are there
any near-equivelants in 6mm?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re:(Stupid BMP tricks) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea)