Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: John Atkinson

Re: Babylon 5 (OT)

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:20:54 EDT
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 (OT)

In a message dated 98-07-03 23:09:52 EDT, Los writes:

<<  Did you guys ever notice that just
 about every crook, murderer, bully, and ring leader in down below is
Australian?
 Whats up with that? >>

Um, I hadn't noticed it, but like most Amis, I'm a little blind to such
things; you know, accents used as personality to excuse not writing good
characters.  Not saying JMS does that, but it's really common.	When did
you
last see a good South African?	A Brit who wasn't either snobbish or
effeminate?  A German who wasn't a menacing bad guy?  'Godzilla' was a
shock -
the most physical and competent person was French!  As an antidote, the
Independent Film Channel (local cable) runs 'Breaker Morant' and 'The
Lighthorsemen' often, so I do get to see some Aussies in various lights,
as
opposed to Whoever Dundee-types.

Noah

Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: John Atkinson