Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: Babylon 5 (OT)

Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:14:21 EDT
Subject: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

In a message dated 98-07-03 19:11:09 EDT, Phil writes:

<< Attack Drones
	Currently the US is building self guided autonomous attack
units.
 Therefore, here is my proposal.  A unit may carry Attack Drones.
Attack
 Drone Launchers take up six spaces on the vehicle and cost double the
value
 of their corresponding GMS/Hs.  Basic 60, Enhanced 90, Superior 120.
The
 Drone is launched in a direction by being placed at a point within 40
 inches of the launcher, including over the horizon/terrain.  If along
the
 way it would encounter an enemy unit (Like going down a highway in the
 woods and meeting up with little red riding GEV) it may make an attack.
 Otherwise, at its intended point it may attack any enemy unit within 8
 inches that are in LOS.
	Attack Drones are supbject to Area Defense, LAD and point
Defense as well
 as ECM, just like any other GMS. >>

Urk - that's pretty powerful.  I'd allow it as a high-tech option, but
not as
standard equipment.  That would throw the whole system out of whack.  I
like
the OTH GMS as a Superior-level technology, but the attack drone, I
would
reserve that for my 'Advanced'-level tech
(Primitive/Basic/Enhanced/Superior/Advanced in some house rules of
mine).

Noah

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: Babylon 5 (OT)