Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Babylon 5

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: The cat that walks by himself <catwalk@i...>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 01:33:27 +0100
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

Richard Slattery wrote:

> Hmm, well, the vastly overwhelming 'religion' in the UK is actualy
> atheist/agnostic, but *christened* catholic or protestant. *Most*
> Brits don't go to church regularly, and hold no strong religious
> beliefs. Church attendance is poor, and falling. Religion is nowhere
> near as important an issue here as in other parts of the world, and
> is of little or no political influence. (NI apart, which most brits
> don't see as a religious issue anyway, no flames please)

Despite what you might think most people in NI are no more religious
than in the rest of the UK. It`s just that the
nutters over here use religion as a reason to cause trouble where
elsewhere they would use skin colour or football. Most
of us aren`t interested in all this orange and green malarkey and avoid
it wherever possible. Me, I`m going to Tewkesbury
this twelfth weekend for a Wars of the Roses battle. (I think it`s best-
avoid violence here by taking part in it in
England)

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Babylon 5