Prev: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 13:31:23 PDT
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

>Also, it would be interesting to see which units have made it to 2300
>- any thoughts, listies? Specifically, I'm thinking of units with
>history like some of the highlander units, the Gurkhas, (we know the
>FFL has made it), SAS, SEAL (Sealed Environment, Air, Land), and
>other elite units with proud traditions and history. I'm looking
>forward to someone making some modern day highlanders with Adv Cbt
>Rifles, Gauss SAWs, and the best uniform of all, the Kilt.
>
>He of obvious predjudices, but none of them malicious,
>Tom.
>/************************************************

     Ahhhh...the Gurkhas.  Another unit that I would love to get around
to doing sometime.  I read an article recently about using the Gurkhas
in a roleplaying campaign, and it mentioned the following incidents
invloving Gurkha soldiers:

     "During an earthquake in 1905 a [Gurkha] soldier jumped from an
upper story window as the building collapsed. He then went for help and
returned with a work party to dig survivors from the rubble. After
working all day he asked to go to the hospital; his pelvis had been
broken when he leaped from the building that morning.

     "A Gurkha sergeant was once kicked in the head by an iron-shod
mule. He later complained of a headache. The mule went lame.

     "In 1890 a Lt. Swinton was killed when he was struck by a bullet
that had ricocheted from his orderly's head. Orderly Gorey Thapa was
slightly injured."

     Again, if these never happened...they should have.

Tom Sullivan
"Ayo Gurkali!"

Prev: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks