Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:14:01 -0400
Subject: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Thomas Barclay wrote:
> Also, it would be interesting to see which units have made it to 2300
> - any thoughts, listies? Specifically, I'm thinking of units with
> history like some of the highlander units, the Gurkhas, (we know the
> FFL has made it), SAS, SEAL (Sealed Environment, Air, Land), and
> other elite units with proud traditions and history. I'm looking
> forward to someone making some modern day highlanders with Adv Cbt
> Rifles, Gauss SAWs, and the best uniform of all, the Kilt.

Wouldn't the Kilt violate environmental integrity?  (8-)  (Or would you
wear it on the outside of the PA? )

Hmmm.  French Foreign Legion, Gurkhas, SAS, sure.  SEALs, not sure,
because
I think they would probably be folded into something (SBS?) when the
RN as senior service takes control of the RCN, and the USN.  (I know,
I know, I should say 'Maritime Command.'  Gah.	(8-) )

Anyways, I had a much longer discourse here on the nature of military
history and units, but it isn't strictly valid yet, and I really want to
do some campaign number crunching now.	(8-)  (Yeah, as if I have time
throw ANOTHER FT related thing on my plate.  *sigh* (8-/ )

J.

--
   Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea