Prev: Oh dear, more Guns: SG Heavy Machine Guns Next: Re: Lights to game/paint by

RE: OT Lights to game/paint by

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:41:49 +0100
Subject: RE: OT Lights to game/paint by

On Thursday, July 02, 1998 6:39 AM, Brian Bell
[SMTP:brian.bell@axom.com] wrote:

This may be OT but what the heck the first message in 2 days...

>  I have just moved into a new house in June. Now that I have a job
again
> (I've been out of work since Feb.), I can now by tables for the game
> room. The room has 7' celing and 2 small windows. It currently has 2
> overhead (condesent) single bulb light fixtures.

(condesent) I take it you mean tungsten filament lights i.e. normal
light
bulbs

> Overhead bright condesent bulbs

I have a 40 watt spot light array that runs off a single light fitting
this uses mini tungsten filament spot lights. the array holds 4 and is
like an arch, matt black with modern diffusers looks cool.

				 |__|
			     -----------
		       ------		------
		   ----      2		 3     ----
		    1				 4

The spots are on swivel mounts so can be placed in direction to give
directional
light. Very good for gaming and general work as they pump out 160 watts
light

Another alternative is a spot rack system off the two or a single
outlet. I have
see a really cool fititng down the local store that is a three spot
array
on that flexible metal hosing all in chrome, looks like something off
war of the worlds. Not that would look cool.

For painitng you really need a directional local light source so I have
a desk light with a daylight spectrum filament bulb, gives sun-like
light.
The desk light has an angle poise system for positioning and a reflector

hood.

> Overhead florescent bulbs (I am uncertain that I can accomplish this)

I think the light from these is harsh flickery and gives me a headache
You can install them off the normal outlets as the chokes are in the
fittings.

> Torch style Halogin bulbed floor lamps

Up lighting gives nice ambient light, halogen has a good spectrum but
requires
fiddly transformers and expensive replacement bulbs. Floor lights
wouldn't
be directional.

FWIW I'd go for a ceiling mounted spot array, its relatively cheap
gives good directional light and can be installed over the existing
fittings and look good.

tim jones
----

Prev: Oh dear, more Guns: SG Heavy Machine Guns Next: Re: Lights to game/paint by