Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: OT: 20MM not yet in US arsenal Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Wacky Idea #217

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:56:44 PDT
Subject: Wacky Idea #217

     A few years ago, a guy that I knew decided to start painting
figures.  Not, I might add, for any particular reason—he just thought
that they looked neat.	He was depressingly good at it, producing
figures that were, at least in my opinion, of display quality right off
the bat.  One of the figures that he painted up was an old GW Eldar
Titan; a silly looking figure, but he did a damned good job with it.
What made the titan look particularly good was what can only be
described as a "glitter" effect on the shoulder pads and portions of the

head.  He achieved this effect by using a very fine glitter, which he
had obtained from a store that sold supplies for women’s nails.
Apparently, he was stuck there while his wife was getting a manicure or
something....

	Anyway, the point (yes, there is one) is this: I got a bit of
this
stuff from him after I first saw his titan, and I was recently
considering the idea of using it on some of my Dirtside tanks, as a sort

of laser reflective coating—a variant of the ablative coating listed in
the DSII  rulebook.  Additionally, it might serve to give the tank a
really screwy radar signature, something that might screw up incoming
missiles (which is to say, I would give it a high ECM).  Plus, and most
importantly, it would look cool.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Or
ideas on which figures this would be most appropriate for?  I’m thinking

of something with relatively large, flat sides, the better to apply the
glitter (or, as I am now being told, embossing powder) to.  And yes, it
would completely negate any form of cammo on the tank, but to that I
say: so what.  In my games, the enemy's sensors are gonna find you
anyway, no matter how good your cammo is.  And, like I said, that Eldar
Titan looked damned good.

Tom Sullivan
"My, sir, your tanks certainly are...festive."

Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: OT: 20MM not yet in US arsenal Re: sniper weapons for SGII