Prev: Re: Editing GZG figs... Next: Re: Editing GZG figs...

Re: How to kill a GEV tank

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:29:08 PDT
Subject: Re: How to kill a GEV tank

>You wrote:
>
>>     Really?	That seems a bit harsh.  I would think that IFF chips
>>would tend to make the use of APFCs a bit safer than that.
>Personally, >I let them work unless there is a unit of friendlys
>between the tank and >the unit firing at it.
>
>How do you tell the difference between a friendly infantryman and a
>hostile?  IFF chips in his helmet?  I don't trust 'em to work right.
>
>John

     Subcutaneous chips, implanted in the soldier's chest or arm.  These

would replace dogtags, having all of the relevant information, as well
as serving an IFF function.  As for recognizing your own, the chip would

coded for say, signal "A".  Anything that does NOT have that signal is a

foe (or a missile) and triggers the APFC belt.	I can see the exact
frequency of this signal being something that you do NOT want the enemy
to have, and I can see it being changed on a weekly (or whatever) basis.

And yes, I can see some poor bastard getting shredded because he didn't
get his code updated.

Tom Sullivan
"Eagles soar, but a weasel will never get sucked into a jet engine."

Prev: Re: Editing GZG figs... Next: Re: Editing GZG figs...