Prev: RE: Robotech stuff (longish) Next: Re: FSE Ships cool?

RE: How to kill a <grav> tank :)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:42:56 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: How to kill a <grav> tank :)

You wrote:

>charge and taking out a tank but how often is this going to happen?

Depends on how stupid the tankers are.

>You have to remember that tanks have support (infantry, engineers and
>arty) for a reason.  Each arm supports the other arms.  Tanks are good
>but I don't know about american drills but in canadian drills if there
>is a chance that infantry are to be encountered the commander orders
his >infantry to dismount to check it out.  My point is the infantry
are >there to take out opposing infantry.

Maybe Canadian tankers are naturally timid, but a lot of American ones
get really overinflated opinions of themselves.

>It is nice to picture Sgt York running up to a tank and taking it out.
>But that tank has machine guns, it has smoke dischargers (white
>phosphorus), it can move and it probably has other tanks around it
than >can support it.  The tank commander can even call down fire on
his >position.

He's also got a lot of blind spots, and in closed terrain (mountains,
forests, cities) one can get real close before he'll even see you.

John

Prev: RE: Robotech stuff (longish) Next: Re: FSE Ships cool?