Prev: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies. Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

Re: Robotech stuff (longish)

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:28:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Robotech stuff (longish)

Actually, I think the ships are rated at 1/20,000. You can model the
fighters by careful sculpting the point of a pin. ;->=

I know I have 1/350 and similar scale plastic fighters in pack/boxes(I'm
thinking Tamiya); you won't necessarily have to buy carrier model kits
for
them. However, be aware all I've seen are solid castings. Lot's of cut
and
paste and waste, but something I'd rather do in plastic. Attempting
conversions of the 1/700 fighters would be dicey for the five thumbs I
have
on each hand, but you're welcome to try.

Figures for LOGH?!?!? Where? I heard rumors, and was trying to get
someone
in Japan to score me some, but they were WAY expensive, and underground.
hear the producers were nervous, perhaps with copyright concerns.
Several
of us on the list would like to know this, I'm sure. I know someone on
this
list had some piccies on the web awhile ago...

The_Beast

douglase@osabs01.inet.att.co.kr on 06/25/98 09:56:51 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

At 09:50 PM 6/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Wow, what timing!  My kids and I have been enjoying the Macross reruns
on
>Cartoon network and I was wondering how to get them into a game of
FT...

>Great ideas for Robotech conversion.  We'll try 'em out here.	What are
you
>using for miniatures?	All that I've seen are the plastic models (1/144
-
>1/170 scale Veritechs and "1/2000" ships - rather large for the usual
>gaming table).  Are there any smaller, metal figures available?  Where
>could I find them?
>
>Thanks,

Legends of the galactic heroes has some good figures for this type of
thing. For the Zentraedi try finding some of the silent Death Night
Brood
figures.  I do use some of the small F-14 figs for veritechs and some
Power
armor type figs in 6mm scale for the destroids.

				   That Chuk Guy