Prev: Re: Trek Background: SML's are Photon Torpedos Next: Re: Robotech stuff (longish)

Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:14:58 +0100
Subject: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

>     Sorry for the rant, but I have to deal with GW fanboys on an
almost
>daily basis, and it gets to me after a while.	They won't look at
>anything that is not an official GW product, no matter how good it is,
>and it is next to impossible to convince them otherwise.  Ah
well...I'll
>stop now.

The one bit of GW fandom that really has been a success are the
unofficial
Net-Epic rules.  Basically its the rules for Space marine/Epic adjusted
and
adapted, and most shocking of all for GW fans its free!  Thats probably
some sort of heresy within GW circles.

As to the ships I ran a FT-B5 game at Gaelcon about 3 years ago and had
my
NSL's as Earthforce Destroyers and similar.  Luckily I had a few Minbari
Micromachines as well to match them.  Micromachine Vorlons are quite
handy
as Sa'Vasku ships too.	Until the official "Shadowy" Sa'vasku appeared.
Not that I let that stop me using them.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: Trek Background: SML's are Photon Torpedos Next: Re: Robotech stuff (longish)