Prev: Re: How to kill a <grav> tank :) Next: Operational Level Game with Sensor Rules

Re: Troop Capacity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:44:19 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Troop Capacity

You wrote:

>meters of armor on the planetary defense batteries. Thinking about
>the vulnerability of their sensor systems, it seems likely that there
>would be duplicated sensor systems, and/or portable ones (grav

Here's a nasty premise for you:

Starships have enough energy emissions from the drive, electronics,
weapons, etc to be targetted with passive arrays.  How do you find a
passive sensor array?  I mean yeah, with gee-whiz sensors you can find
out a LOT from orbit, but there is a vast difference between having the
raw data and spending the time to make it usable.  Remember the ruckus
when CIA was accused of not finding out about India's nuclear tests?
They had all the evidence they needed on film, and actually delivered
to the photogs.  But they didn't interpret it in time.	That's the
killer.  If you take film with a 1cm resolution and photograph a small
continent, anyone wanna speculate on how many hundreds of miles of film
that translates out to?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: How to kill a <grav> tank :) Next: Operational Level Game with Sensor Rules