Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Toronto Trek 12 !!!

Re: Troop Capacity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:40:18 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Troop Capacity

You wrote:

>When I say 'drop' I mean get them from your carrier sitting out of
>range of the planetary defenses, then run the gauntlet of said
>planetary defenses for probably thousands of miles, to close
>enough for them to make an attack, where they also have to fight the
>planets fighters, the non aeroSPACE type... just aero, since they
>would be somewhat cheaper.
>The initial approach is a dangerous part, the 'drop' where the fully
>functioning defenses get to blast at them for a goodly time.

A goodly time?	What version of Full Thrust do you play, man?  PDSs
have a 6" range, which is identical to the attack range of a fighter.
And they can (now that fleet book is out) move 24" in a turn.  During a
turn a PDS can take down a max of two fighters (and has a 50% chance of
killing NONE).	Now, you can translate inch to whatever you
like--meters to kalicams to parsecs--but the rules don't change.  You
wanna build some uberPDS, that's fine with me, but don't take that
assumption into a discussion of Full Thrust without saying something
like "In my universe, PDSs have a 6' range" or whatever.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Toronto Trek 12 !!!