Prev: Re: Modern Equivalents Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Troop Capacity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:01:24 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Troop Capacity

You wrote:

>Defeat/drive off defensive space navy.

Right. . .

>Drop aerospace fighters with a lot of dummy emmiters, make a
>concentrated attack on the planetary defenses in that area to allow
>your fleet to mount an invasion.

Why do you keep wanting to drop 'em?  Base them off your carriers.
Equip first strike for supression of air defenses and air superiority,
presuming the local fighters didn't join the fleet in attempting to
blast your ships out of existence (Which tactic makes more sense to
me).  They blast a hole or holes in the aerospace defenses, go back,
rearm, and come back with varient DFO intended to rip apart the main
PAD sites and then the fleet can move in.

John

Prev: Re: Modern Equivalents Next: Re: Troop Capacity