Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Q. FB1 Cover Font ?

Centauri Ship colouring

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:54:55 -0400
Subject: Centauri Ship colouring

Hi everyone!

I have some info for all those (especially Beth) wanting to know what
colour to paint Centauri Vorchan cruisers.  Last weekend's episode
Darkness Ascending finally shows (albeit briefly) them well enough for
painting.  The entire hull including wings is purple.  If you have any
pictures of the Centauri shuttle you should get an idea of the colour.
The micromachines Centauri shuttle is too dark to use as a model. Like
the Omegas this colour is not solid but is "streaked" with darker purple
to show panels.Trim around the outside edges is light
yellowish-brown/tan/possibly even brownish-gold.  This trim colour
helped disguise the real colour of the majority of the ship before (at
least for me and a few other people I know). If you have access to the
B5Wars rules book there is a black and white of the Vorchan that clearly
shows the trim. This trim colour is also used for the Centauri symbol.
The front "grill work" of the horizontal wing looks iron colour and the
barrels that stick out of it are goldish or trim colour. At the base of
the top vertical fin where it bulges out into the hull is a
reddish-brown stripe but I couldn't see if it was on the other fin or
wings.
There was a brief glimpse of a Primus and  it looked as if the tail
might be purplish but it's hard to tell.
I hope this is of some use to people and now I can actually paint my
ships.