Prev: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish) Next: Centauri Ship colouring

Re: Communication and Travel

From: "Jonathan White" <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:23:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Communication and Travel

On 15 Jun 98, at 23:31, John Atkinson wrote:
> >analogous. Try the chechens vs. the russians. Try the russians vs.
> >the afghans. Try the americans vs. the vietnamese. Try a number of
> Don't try American vs. Vietnamese.  You'll find yourself taking a
> couple million casualties in the process.  The Vietnamese were
actually
> not too bright militarily--they just didn't care about casualties,
whereas
> we did.
> John
I'm going to step in pre-emptively here and point out that the tactical
/ logistic etc factors
involved in *any*  of the 'big guy vs little guy' wars on Earth have
little direct relevance to
FT/GZG games. This isn't the place for protracted discussions about
earth's recent
conflicts. Could we keep it fairly close to target please - the physics
of ortillery or
general discussions about the resources available to colonists I can
live with but the
relative tactical merits of the Afghans, Kuwaits, Vietnamese, Albanians
or anybody else
isn't what we're here for. Thank you.

			TTFN
					Jon

Prev: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish) Next: Centauri Ship colouring