Prev: Re: Comunication & travel: AI robotics? Next: Re: GenCon?

Re: Comunication & travel: AI robotics?

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:19:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Comunication & travel: AI robotics?

[snip]
>> Becasue they have no human crews, they could jump
>>quickly, and there could be reqgular streams (say every hour) of these
>arriving
>>and leaving, thus communications would NOT be insatntaneous but
perhaps only
>>half a day from one side of Human space to the other.

Given the multitude of smaller jumps involved to getting from point A to
point B, and the need to be very sure of your AI's triangulation (which
means more time in between jumps), I'd revise the estimate for rim to
rim
travel upwards.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Comunication & travel: AI robotics? Next: Re: GenCon?