Prev: Comunication & travel: AI robotics? Next: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish)

Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:47:05 +1000
Subject: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

John Atkinson wrote:

> I'd panic if all I had was a CIWS and a couple of Sea Sparrows between
> me and death.

Depends on the CIWS. Forex, the improved YAVUZ class of the Turkish Navy
have 3 quadruple 25mm APDS CIWS systems, and unlike most other CIWS
systems, they're co-ordinated and can all fire at the same target.
The AI of the TEWA (Threat Evaluation and Weapon Assignment) system is
also first rate. I wrote it.

Of course if the incomers are Kingfishes with 250kt warheads set to
airburst at 5000 metres....

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Comunication & travel: AI robotics? Next: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish)