Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: RE: Communication and Travel

Re: Communication and Travel

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:17:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Communication and Travel

You wrote:

>Interstellar distances in FT.	Which brings up the question, how long
would >it take for a major power to react to an invasion. Or for that

As long as it takes a courier to slip past the enemy fleet and bring
sensor scans. . .

>sector and then it would seem to be an invasion.  How do planetary
colonies >indicate that they are under attack if there are no ships
around to relay >the message?  Perhaps evry system has at least a
courier boat insystem?

Again my Traveller-playing background comes into play.	I usually
assume a regular network of small couriers (mail packet ships?).

John

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: RE: Communication and Travel