Prev: Re: DS confidence checks Next: Re: DS confidence checks

Re: DS confidence checks

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 09:21:13 -0700
Subject: Re: DS confidence checks

At 10:17 PM 6/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Just got back from running a DS demo (every Monday, alternating DS
>with FT), and I tried out a variation on the morale rules.  Instead of
>taking one check, and only the most harsh, when fired on, I made them
>take all aplicable.  So when the green-three scout platoon lost 3 out
>of 6 vehicles including the PL's vehicle, they took a total of four
>confidence checks.  And unsurprisingly routed off the board, rather
>than (at worst) simply becoming shaken.  I was very happy with the
>overall results throughout the game--morale became very real
>consideration rather than minor sideshow.  Comments?

In Victoria (Canada) we play with a slightly modified morale
system. A unit that is required to roll a morale check must
continue making tests until it passes one. Each subsequent
test is made at -1 threat level from the last test. So if the
original test was at +3, then the second would be at +2,
the third at +1, the fourth at +0, and the fifth would be
an automatic pass.

I have a feeling that the severity of our system is somewhere
in between yours and the vanilla rules.

One thing that you may want to try is to allow units to rally
themselves at threat levels equal to the leader value.
>John

	Tony Christney
	acc@questercorp.com

Prev: Re: DS confidence checks Next: Re: DS confidence checks