Prev: Re: Fleet Book Errata ? Next: Re: Fleet Book Errata ?

Re: Crew for Space Stations

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 04:45:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Crew for Space Stations

You wrote:

>Having said that, during times of conflict and when 'sent into harms
way' >you could expect this situation to improve somewhat.  Basic rifle
skills >would probably be equivalent to Militia for around half the
crew.  When one >addresses the situation at a Fleet Base (read Space
Station for FT now), >most tecs would be at this level too.  That is,
they can stand behind a >barricade and shoot at things but they will
scarper rather quickly when >faced with regular troops.  After all,
they should have been engaged and >destroyed in their transports on the
way in.

Original question was formulated because I am slowly composing a wee
bit o' fanfic set in my Rhomanoi universe about a sort of 'Trojan
Horse' maneuver--ship crippled with EMP pulse missles, and surviving
crew interrogated enough to locate the refueling base used for probes
of the sector.	Captured ship is then used to insert a special forces
unit--but here I was stuck:  Given station crew, how large unit needed?
 Seems that probably 2 or three troops might be used (Since RL
Byzantines didn't have SOF, I'm borrowing SAS organization.  ;) Which
means 32-48 men).  In power armor.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Errata ? Next: Re: Fleet Book Errata ?