Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 14:24:05 +0200
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

At 14:57 24/05/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Samuel Penn wrote:
>
>> A small change which would make armour a bit better, and also a lot
>> more interesting (IMO) is if the armour value applied to each facing
>> of the ship individually. So 10 points of armour gives you 10 points
>> on the fore, 10 points on port etc.
>>
>> Then you can have all the fun of ships rotating to bring their still
>> armoured sides to face the enemy.

Have a look at Leviathan for this kind of system.  You can rotate the
ship
to bring a different facing to bear if you take heavy damage on one
side.
It would require adding somewhat more complexity to FT so I wouldn't
recommend it as an addition. Not to mention tilting that NSL
Superdreadnought minuature might just be problematic.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB