Prev: Re: GZG ICQ Community(what about IRC?) Next: Re: Fleet book

Re: GZG ICQ Community(what about IRC?)

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:13:58 +1000
Subject: Re: GZG ICQ Community(what about IRC?)

>Just some news about ICQ...
>Its been bought out for $300 Million by AOL.  So forget about it ever
being
>useful or user-friendly again.  Just a personal opinion.
>Presumably this will mean it becomes expensive to use (ie. its not
geing to
>be free anymore).
>Sorry to shatter anyones illusions, but thats life for you.

Where did this news come from?

Rumours are continually circulating the ICQ network of ICQ being
"bought" or
"not being free" or "charging 10c for every message sent" or some other
guff
like that.

Personally, I wouldn't believe ANYTHING anyone told you about ICQ until
you
heard it direct from Mirabilis.

Anyone want to reply to this message, please do via private email to
jsadler@earthling.net, as this thread is now completely off topic! :)

Jeremy Sadler
jsadler@earthling.net
Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/stargrunt
GZG Player Locations http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/gzgames
					(Now under major overhaul!)

Prev: Re: GZG ICQ Community(what about IRC?) Next: Re: Fleet book