Prev: Re: Beasts of War Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

RE: Low Tech Scenarios

From: Michael Brown <mkkabrow@w...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 19:06:25 -0700
Subject: RE: Low Tech Scenarios

As a Tanker, the rule is "if I can see it I can kill it".  The US Army
did a survey of a Corps portion (@50km x 200km) of the inter-German
border and found that there were only a few hundred places that ATGM
could be used at full range (@4km).  Most areas had an LOS of 1600m or
less.  WWII had engagements closer for a couple of reasons, 1) Optics
and rangefinding technology and 2) penetration power of the rounds used.
 Most Allied tanks could not penetrate at over 1000m.

Hope this helps,

Michael Brown