Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:49:56 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

You wrote:

>I am arming aliens (using Space 1889 Martians), so was not thinking of
>these specific rifles. This makes the question of impact open to

Any large caliber, black powder single-shot breechloaders would work
out the same under Dirtside rules-it's not that picky.

>other hand, perhaps your local friendly arms dealer has managed to
import a >warehouse full of Springfields (assuming you could still find
a warehouse >of the things).

Given the US's experience in this matter (with our natives), the local
arms dealers are likely to be selling _better_ guns than Army is using.
 And if there is profit to be made (in our case, furs and buffallo
hides), they won't have any qualms about selling in large lots.  The
"standard" longarm for a Sioux by the time Custer got wiped out was a
Winchester carbine.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios