Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

Re: Mobile mines

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:40:42 +0100
Subject: Re: Mobile mines

>Duh, but excuse me for asking, but just what are the mine clearers
doing
>when this dinner plate thing just digs itself out of the ground and
>wanders across the trail and then digs itself back into the ground?

	If they are underground burrowing in something like Brownian
motion which
is what I had in mind, what are the odds of being able to shoot all the
moving mines?

>perfect for assaulting a fixed position. Could you imagine the fun you
>would have when a mine crawled into your foxhole? No troopers, just the
>attack of the dinner plates that go Boom!

	To be honest when someone first suggested the idea of mobile
mines my
first thought was an engineer going out, laying a minefield, going back
camp to a shower or the latrine when in walks one of his own mines and
blows him up! Not really that much fun.
	Hmmmm. Attack of the killer dinner plates. Sounds like a really
bad 50's
movie and not at all why I play DS/SG/FT/ all the other games I have.
Have
to agree with John Atkinson on this.
	No troopers just mines huh? Sounds like Russian or Chinese
tactics in
reverse, all troopers and not much else, cheaper too.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)