Prev: RE: Kra'vak was Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

RE: Low Tech Scenarios

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:53:20 +1000
Subject: RE: Low Tech Scenarios

-----Original Message-----
From: jatkins6@ix.netcom.com [mailto:jatkins6@ix.netcom.com]

Hi John,

Firstly I strongly agree about the lower FP, but I think you need to
think about the argument about the armour. Let's see, Partial Light
Armour is d6 and clean fatigues is d4, so do we have a different impact
versus clean skin? Partial Light Armour actually only covers the Helmet,
Torso and Groin, and on some figures thigh. I agree that you won't get
penetration on the Armour but the armour doesn't cover the whole body.
Death from bleeding from a femoral artery can occur in a minute or less.
Lots of scope for death from the round NOT hitting the armour.

The whole argument of RLT (Really Low Tech) is getting away from the
SGII Rules and like any other rules set, once you start 'fudging' it you
are going to have problems keeping consistency.

Keep It Simple is a military axiom I really like, 'cause it works!

Owen G