Prev: Re: Painting ALIENS (TM) Next: Re: SG2/DS2 Unit coherency.

RE: Mines 8 (!)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 20:58:31 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Mines 8 (!)

You wrote:

>So as an American engineer you are not trained in any other way than
>blowing in place?  Is that the same for booby traps and the like?
What >doctrine must you follow if you lack explosives?

Bingo, yes, and we don't lack explosives.  Supposedly.	If there is a
logistics problem I guess we just hold a strike or something.  Mark it
and go around, I suppose.

The thing about EOD is that a little bit of knowledge is very very
dangerous.  Teach an Engineer how to disarm a dozen Rooskie mines and
unless he's innately as cautious as I am, he'll try to disarm anything.

Right up until you find a leatherman imbedded in _his_ skull.

>Are regular force engineers taught more than national guard units?

Not really.  They just practice it more often.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Painting ALIENS (TM) Next: Re: SG2/DS2 Unit coherency.