Prev: Conversions to DSII complete Next: Re: Painting ALIENS (TM)

Random ramblings.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 13:11:54 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Random ramblings.

Couple of unrelated comments and observations. . .

I've noted that in DS rules units only fire one weapon per activation.
This makes sense for an AFV, but I recently picked up a pair of
MicroArmor River Patrol Boats from their Vietnam line.	Looks to me
like a pair of dual-mount gun turrets, plus two more MGs (or RFAC-1s)
along the side.  What would be a good rule of thumb for allowing larger
vehicles with larger crews to fire multiple weapons?

Anyone got any good ideas for demo/intro games for Dirtside?  I'm
trying to restart some sort of playing group at one of the larger game
shops in my area, and have decided to begin with an every-thing
provided demo, and proceed by poaching Epic players.  So anyone got
ideas on how to run a demo game with multiple newbies, one umpire, and
a set of figures that was never intended to provide both sides?

What comes in a Stargrunt Command section blister pack?  How about a
Heavy Weapon command section?  I'm looking primarily at the NAC Marines
to provide my light infantry, and NSL to provide my mechanized troops.
For scout platoons/cavalry dismounts, however, I havn't decided.
Anyone got suggestions for figs that aren't wearing body armor and look
like they could qualify for the 8" move rate?  :)  I'm working off the
black-and-whites in the Geo-Hex catalog.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Conversions to DSII complete Next: Re: Painting ALIENS (TM)