Prev: RE: Mines 6 Next: Re: Mines 8 (!)

Re: Mines 8 (!)

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:32:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Mines 8 (!)

Rob Paul wrote:

> I recall seeing a documentary about Kursk, in which an elderly Red
> Army
> sapper said that Soviet war-produced mines were so edgy and unsafe
> that they
> preferred to use German ones nocturnally "appropriated" from
> minefields!

As an aside, the unspecified place I just returned from used old Soviet
mines as the primary source for explosives (used for demo and engineer
ops).

Also, future minefields/mines  should  have the option to self destruct
after a certain amount of time (user specified) to make them safer to
civilians. Might be some Geneva stipulated mine feature. Ground sensors
work like that.

Los

Prev: RE: Mines 6 Next: Re: Mines 8 (!)